How very true!
- My mom used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread butter on bread on the same cutting board with the same knife and no bleach, but we didn’t seem to get food poisoning.
- Our school sandwiches were wrapped in wax paper in a brown paper bag, without any ice pack coolers, but I can’t remember getting E-Coli
- We all took PE …..and risked permanent injury with a pair of generic gym shoes instead of having cross-training athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built in light reflectors that cost as much as a small car. I can’t recall any injuries but they must have happened because they tell us how much safer we are now.
- We got the cane for doing something wrong at school, they used to call it discipline yet we all grew up to accept the rules and to honor & respect those older than us.
- We all said prayers in school irrespective of our religion, sang the national anthem and no one got upset.
- I just can’t recall how bored we were without computers, Play Station, Nintendo, X-box or 270 digital TV cable stations.
- Oh yeah …. And where was the antibiotics and sterilization kit when I got that bee sting? I could have been killed!
- We played “King of the Hill” on piles of gravel left on vacant building sites and when we got hurt, mom pulled out the bottle of iodine and then we got our backside spanked. Now it’s a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10 day dose of antibiotics and then mom calls the lawyer to sue the contractor for leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.
How did we ever survive?
Pass this to someone and remember that life’s most simple pleasures are very often the best.