One might ask Governor Scott just what oath he took when he was sworn into office. It seems to us here at Loon Watch, that oaths taken by public officials usually contain such words as uphold the law, follow the Constitution and other niceties like not breach the public trust and not commit misdemeanors.
We haven’t found any wording allowing for upholding only those laws found in favor. Strange that the people writing the Constitutions both State(s) and US didn’t put in that wording. Guess they weren’t Progressives.
From Vermont Watchdog:
Speaking at a press conference Thursday, Republican Gov. Phil Scott said he would consider deporting some criminal aliens residing in Vermont illegally.
The statement represents a modest change in the governor’s approach to illegal immigration, which has been at odds with the Trump administration’s policy and executive orders.
HERE is the full posting from:
More excerpts from the article follow:
On March 28, Scott signed into law S.79 , a bill crafted to shield illegal immigrants from “compulsory collection of personally identifying information, or dissemination of that information for purposes of establishing a mandatory federal registry or database.”
Immigration experts have told Watchdog that concealing data about illegal immigrants could cause Vermont to lose federal dollars it receives to support a variety of programs, including law enforcement. [snip]
Vermont Watchdog has reported that among the characteristics the state wants hidden from federal immigration enforcement officers are immigration status, national origin, religion, race and color. But, following Scott’s statement on Thursday, it is uncertain how deportation in Vermont can occur without some state officials revealing the status of criminal immigrants in contradiction to the spirit of S.79.
Jonathan is talking to his friend Joshua.
“I hear that you’ve just bought your very first computer, Joshua. How are you getting on with it? Have you tried out Google yet?”
“I don’t need to use Google,” replies Joshua.
“Really?” says Jonathan. “So why is that?”
“Because my wife Rachel knows everything,” replies Joshua.
Some Phyllis Diller Quotes:
- Whatever you may look like, try to marry a man your own age because as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.
- Housework can’t kill you, but why take a chance?
- The reason why most women don’t play football is because 11 of them would never want to wear the same outfit in public.
- The best way to get rid of kitchen odors is to eat out.
- A bachelor is a guy who never made the same mistake once.
- I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford, then I want to move in with them.
- Most children threaten at times to run away from home. But fortunately this is the only thing that keeps some parents going.
- We spend the first 12 months of our children’s lives teaching them to walk and talk, and the next 12 years telling them to sit down and shut up.
- Burt Reynolds once asked me out. I was in his room.
- My photographs don’t do me justice – they just look like me.
- I admit that I have a tremendous sex drive. My boyfriend lives 40 miles away.
- Tranquilizers only work if you follow the advice on the bottle – Keep away from children.
- The reason why the golf pro tells you to keep your head down is so that you can’t see him laughing.